At Southeastern, one thing is certain: No two days are the same for our dedicated team members. While our collective focus is on client work, it’s important to us that employees have access to professional development. Not only does it ensure higher team morale, but it also means our team has the knowledge and tools to complete every job successfully.
Curious to know what it’s like to work at Southeastern in sunny Florida? Here’s a small peek at the adventures our team has from day to day if you decide to take a job in Miami!
A Day in the Life of Southeastern Employees on the Job in Miami
Team members at every level get to participate in activities outside of their usual tasks and client-focused work. With every day offering a variety of opportunities, here’s a look at some of the interesting things going on for our employees.
At Southeastern, there’s no such thing as an insignificant employee. Everyone is vital to our continued success, and we encourage everyone to participate in conferences, trade shows, and a variety of training opportunities.
With 10 locations in the U.S., members are also introduced to a peer group network full of unique knowledge and skill sets they can connect with. For example, our Project Manager and Scheduler recently traveled across the country to collaborate and strategize production plans, color-accuracy, quality and best practices with our peer group network.
Attending a myriad of networking events helps our team members learn about different industries while meeting professionals in the field. From celebrating employee accomplishments with award banquets to team member happy hour meetups, we encourage everyone to make long-lasting connections.
We are members of numerous industry, networking, and career growth groups, including the South Florida Manufacturer Association (SFMA), Florida Graphic Alliance (FGA), Printing United Alliance, Vistage Network, and LinkedIn Learning Group.
Conferences and Events
If you’re looking to grow in your career, you should know that all team members have the chance to participate in a variety of conferences throughout the year, especially ones focused on technology, healthcare, and print efficiencies.
A few notable examples from recent years include:
- INBOUND Conference: Here we learned how to better communicate and support both our clients and employees during insightful sessions on crafting blog posts, case studies, and other helpful resources.
- HLTH Conference: We attended one of the largest healthcare conferences in the nation to learn about up-and-coming solutions to pervasive health issues based on the most recent scientific breakthroughs.
- Inkjet Conference: We shared a speech in 2022 and received an award for best case study. We also learned about innovative printing technology and how consumer behavior is adapting to the changes.
- Florida Print Awards: Everyone is invited to attend the Florida Print Awards. Most recently, we won 19 awards for pieces printed in 2022!
- Print, Digital, and Mail Conference: The USPS and PCC host annual events to communicate the current and future state of the postal service, unveil yearly postage savings programs, showcase industry-leading equipment, and provide networking opportunities with industry professionals.
- South Florida Manufacturer Association: We have a membership and board seat at the SFMA, a networking group for South Florida manufacturing companies.
Experiencing Work in Real Life
One of the most unique and beloved perks of working a job in Miami at Southeastern is the ability to experience our work in real-life situations.
When we completed large format work for Formula 1 in Miami, many employees received tickets to the event so they could see the final product in person. Additionally, at the annual South Beach Wine and Food Festival, our team members get to see what they’ve created and experience it in its entirety—something not every career offers.
Tickets or discounts to sporting events give us the opportunity to attend and see our hard work displayed at stadiums for local teams, including the Miami Marlins, Miami Heat and Miami Dolphins.
Ready to Join the Southeastern Team?
If you’re ready to take on a job in Miami, where the weather is beautiful and the work is satisfying, we've got some job openings you should start applying for. You’ll be setting yourself up for continual career growth and development. And don’t worry—even new hires are invited to take part in conferences and other networking events!
Apply today to join our team—we would love to have dedicated people like you!